Saturday 25 May 2013

10 obscure feeding locations - if they want feeding they get fed!

Bank Holiday silliness has taken over me; it must be the rare glorious sunshine I've been exposed to today. As such I feel quite inspired to share with you a list of weird and wonderful places I have breastfed my babies...

1. On a bench at the end of the tills at Asda (with 20 checkouts - each boasting a hefty queue - all facing me)*

2. On our local park whilst assisting my Daughter with the tricky climbing frame steps

3. Perched within a display of bucket & spades at Toys r Us

4. Stood within the bakery isle of Sainsburys (that fresh bread smell they waft must have made him hungry)*

5. On the spectator seats at the swimming baths - both dripping wet 

6. At a Birthday party (surrounded by the entirety of the party)

7. Walking around a fairground 

8. Amongst the garden furniture - sat in a gazebo - at our local garden centre 

9. Sat on the loo at home (he did NOT want to be latched off)

10. In the corner of Ikea's toy section (not that they don't provide a really lovely (refreshingly) area to feed in their restaurant, but needs must) 

I've touched on it above with Ikea but Ill post soon about my experience of feeding rooms/areas; the good, the bad and the ugly! Most of the above list concerns my Son, who was born last July. With my Daughter (now almost 3) I was a very nervous about feeding in public. That's another thing I'm so passionate about 'normalising' in order to make new Mums/breastfeeders more confident and comfortable - feeding in public. 

*better that than in a smelly nappy change/feed room - but that's a rant for another day. 

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Breastfeeding on the loo lol great post! :) xx

    Beauty by Emma - Beauty, Mummy & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. can honestly say i have done the feeding on the loo bit, plus ive fed on the floor in the middle of boots, windowsill at the exit of ikea, front seat of the car whilst in a car park

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, haha I have done the car park one! All good fun :-) xx

      Delete
  3. My best was on the concourse of Manchester Piccadilly Station. As a bunch of school boys passed me one of them hollered 'Oi, did ya see that! Boobs!' Made me proud. I hope one day they will be proud supporters of their partner's breastfeeding.
    Second best was in the waiting room of the opticians, surrounded by old people. Normal enough until my over enthusiastic son grabbed for my boob and hand expressed an almighty stream of milk into the middle of the waiting patients. I'm hoping they were all too blind to see it. We were in the opticians after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Oh this made me smile ;-) I too think that when other children see me :-) the opticians story is hilarious, keep up the good work! X

      Delete
  4. I've fed in some weird places too, I live in Paris, in France nobody breast feeds, so when I'm in public in Le Louvre or Notre Dame at another tourist thing people glare.

    I wouldn't want to feed my baby in a change room, or in a toilet, it's not clean, so it's not right to feed there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh god, I have breastfed on the loo as well! My post-CS laxatives suddenly kicked in just as N had latched on, so it had to be done! xx

    ReplyDelete